The three story building with cupola and red straight mansard roof is the headquarters for the Society established in 1942. The House is listed on the Register of Historic Places. The museum building originally known as the Woonsocket House ca. 1871,( a hotel & annex with rooms that were rented until the 1970′s ) was purchased in 1945, it was the homesite of Gideon Rose and later rebuilt as a boarding house by A.J. Rose and family. Today a gallery and museum shop are located in the ell addition. Genealogy research is available as well as tours of the museum. See About Us for more info.